Woke at 6:45am, before my alarm. I slept well. I went outside to look for breakfast, and found a true NY vendor - pastries & coffee - all for $3 - a bargain :) I sat on a bench and watched NY wake up.
I got my stuff together, and took the subway to a place that stores luggage. $17 later (worth it) I went off and explored NY. First I went to MoMA - but sadly it was closed :( The one day it's closed is Tuesday :( who would have guessed ???
So, I went to the Metropolain Museam of Art. It is massive, and I took a long time looking at all the exibits. Highlights are Picasso, Monet, Jack the dripper, and many suits of medieval armour - I felt like I was in LEGO land again - watching knights battle with their armour on :) [I've always liked knights]
Then went to the Sollomon R Gugenheim museum. It was much smaller than I expected... fewer art pieces. But I saw some cool paintings none the less... Some more Picasso - with some showing his cubism style, and other artworks by Mate, Mondrean, and Franz (someone - name slipped my mind). Maybe it is because of the name, but I love his paintings... bright soft colours with black ink marks (actually resin). The contrast makes it come alive.
O, and I used my BSSM student card to tell people that I am a student :) Yeah for student discounts at art museums :) Leagally I am a student till 16 June... when my US visa expires... so it is legit :)
After the museums, I used my phone to look for cafe's nearby. *Thank you Google for making Google maps - traveling has never been easier. I also used the Google maps to find where I am at :) The way I explore a place is that I walk around and get lost, until I am bored, and then I try to find where I am :)
I bought a bagel & iced coffee at a cafe. Iced coffee never tasted so good (I was thirsty). It rained for 5 seconds, and I pulled out my $5 super-compact umbrella... it was fun to have one on hand :) it work well :) For the last time's sake, I went to Central Park, and people watched (and dog-watched).
I left the park at 3:33pm (a fitting time), and fetched my luggage. I jumped on the subway, caught the train to JFK airport, and then re-orginized my bags.
O, I also purchased a Buckyball desktop toy :) Yey ! I never knew it was made in NY, and I got it for $29.99 (cheaper than online) in a design store. The design store was cool... basically you can buy functional art... for the price of an arm... if you have the cash that is :) I was just glad to see stuff that I actually like... cool watches, desktop items, and kitchen items. Maybe I can sell functional art :)
God is Good :)
