Sunday, May 22, 2011

Saturday

Went and had a breakfast at a bagel & coffee shop - drank out of the hugest straw ever... my pinkie could fit into it - no kidding. Then went to 'The Shack' talk - with Young, Baxter and Fitzgerald speaking. Amazing time. Had lunch with some people that no longer go with the secular church. Interesting to see all the different perspectives in America.

Got a tour of more of Kansas City. Walked through an art market - some real nice art that is top of the range stuff. Kansas is much more artsy and high society than I imagined.

Supper was Jack Stack's Burned Steak tips - fall apart steak done perfectly... and the beans... oh my... no, really... The beans were more tasty than the steak... They mix the beans with barbecued steak scraps... and it is just divine... definitely on my top five tastiest things I ever ate. It was that good. It must be in the top 1% of food in the world. I heard presidents come to eat there when they are in Kansas. Now I know why.

Spent the night eating ice-cream & having good conversations. Here in Kansas it's raining, and thunder, and sometimes lightening. Few minutes ago one sounded like a gunshot :) I'm loving the weather.

God is good :)