Thank you God
Thank you God for loving me, when I was in darkness
Thank you God for caring about me, when I did not care about You
Thank you God for leading me, when I did not want to be led
Thank you God looking at me, when I kept looking away
Thank you God for extending Your hand, even when I was not asking for it
Thank you God for persisting with me, even when I persisted against You
Thank you God for having mercy on me, when I was not merciful
Gracious when I was not
Forgiving when I was not
Pure when I was not
Faithful when I couldn’t care less
Thank you for keeping at it, even though I failed you
Even though I tuned my face from you
So many times
Thank you for keeping at it, though me being stubborn
Through me being hard headed
Through me being obstinate
Through me making it hard for you
Through me not listening to you
Through me turning a deaf ear to Your voice.
Thank you for having patience, when I had none for you
Thank you for staying true, when I tested out being false
For staying sure, when I was unsure
For coming through even when I doubted and feared
For continuing to move, even when I stood in disbelief
Your grace is so great towards me, and it has always been -
How you have lead me by the hand from the day I was born
How you have fathered me though all my tantrums and rebellions
You stood there, you waited for me to turn around,
In endless patience, Your love was turned toward me
Forever I walk in our debt.
One moment of Your time is worth eternity
Yet you were with me - every moment of my life
The wealth you have poured into my life is priceless.
A thousand lives can not repay your works’ worth in my life.
How merciful, How compassionate
Relentlessly you have and do turn towards me
I am ever in Your debt.
- Frans Snyders 21 May 2011, Kansas City Missouri USA .
