Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 326... well, not actually...

Woke to rain, wind, cold, and a burst of sunshine now and then... Grahamstown weather.

School finished yesterday, which gave me a good slow start to getting back to work. The last two days at school I fixed computers at school, and tested all the broken ones... I still are having a computers skills :)

Job hunting has slowed down... I am waiting for September, then I will go for it again. So far I sent in an application for a school in Stellenbosch, and I'm having an informal interview in a week for another teaching position, also in Stellenbosch.

Teaching looks like a better option to get to the Cape. From there I will apply for Engineering...

It is always good to see familiar faces... but it feels strange that you continue where you left of, as if the 9 months passed in a breath of wind. I find myself stammering for words, trying to describe my 9 months away. As a teacher I try to first lay a foundation of common ground, and quickly see that there is very little. Trying to explain a different culture and experience to someone is difficult. So, I find myself rambling for a bit, trying to see what people respond to... and then change the subject to how they are doing...

I have found the change more so internal, and more so in my beliefs than anything else. I live with more freedom, both internally and externally, and I have a greater awareness of what is going on in me and how to process it.

Ultimately my future will look different than my past experiences, and trying to redefine my future always in reference to my past experience is also not healthy. Again, the challenge is learning to steward what I have been given, while embracing the future. A mixed reality, but the best one I can pursue.

God has not forsaken me, nor left me. He is close to me, and as real as always. My journey may be slower, but it is sure, and shows progress.

I have been thinking on creating a supernatural culture. So far my thought are as follows:
1) There has to be a desire for the supernatural
2) There has to be a value for the supernatural
3) There has to be freedom
4) There has to be guidance from authority

I find more so than anything that 'everything rises and falls on leadership' as said by Rick Joyner. To seek out such leaders is good. To blame leaders for not being so is not. 'Being the change you want to see' as Gandhi said seems to be the onus of your responsibility in all this. There is no silver bullet, nor is there as group of people that walk in the fullness of what you desire to see. We are all in process. Finding those of like mind keeps the flame alive, and keeps you sane.

Strangely in this I find myself valuing people more than before... maybe as a result of trying to find like-mindedness myself.. and in turn wondering where people may find it :) Momentarily I offer a sense of like-mindedness to people... though it is more a courtesy, it is as far as my hand can stretch.

wow... these thought are diverse. Maybe it is more a reflection of my own mind than anything else. Hopefully these thoughts are meaningful to you. I know that two lives has more in common than is perceived.

So, as I stumble over my last words trying to produce something grammatically correct, I will end of this post with a belief that makes life worth living:
God is good :)