Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fest

First days of fest (Grahamstown Arts Festival) is finished... 6 more days to go. Working for David Newton and Siv Ngesi. Did it last year, and enjoying it even more this year. Great people, great times.

A friend encouraged me today, to remember what I have gained at Bethel - and to grow it. It was encouraging :)

I find that you can live without the spirit even when you are a Christian, and even if you go to church. The spiritual is a completely different dimension to this reality. As the dream world is another type of thought altogether, so is the spiritual to the physical. There is interaction between the two at times, but you can function without dreams or the spiritual... or so you may think.

Using the 'love tank' metaphor, I have found that I also have a spiritual tank that i need to fill up. To the rational mind this makes no sense. To the physical eye it also makes no sense. The heart can even believe that it does not need to experience the spiritual - opting for intellectual prodding of spiritual writings. This is also in vain. The mind can comprehend all spiritual writings, yet the heart can still hunger for truth.

It is not about the mind knowing truth, but our spirit knowing truth.

The subjectivity of spirituality is undeniable, but there is no other path in the present. Scripture may guide, but experience alone advances.

Even thought I find myself in a box I created myself, unable to see beyond it, I have both past expereinces and hope that tell me of a greater reality that exists.

My fingers teeter at the edge of hiding these words from public eye, yet it is part of the journey, and part of the story.

May His voice be heard again.

God is good.