Monday i'm starting with school again. I'm basically going to teach Natural science for Gr9, and Life Sciences for Gr10. So... i' more a life science teacher than anything else... interesting... not my choice in subject, but I will go with it.
Finances wise, I have never been in this kind of a situation... not getting two pay checks in a row... and still waiting for them... Borrowed some money, and will sort it out hopefully next week.
Patience & humility opens so many doors... Last week I went with one of the department of education officials to the head office to sort out my payment situation... yes, I can point my finger at 500 things that are wrong with the department, and how I would do it different and better... but that is not going to solve my current situation. In contrast, the more you find fault and get angry at stuff, the less people want to help you...
Yes, and you have to have a bucket of persistence also... if you are not the driving force, there will be no driving force in the process... and so, after many phone calls, and a few visits (physical visits makes a huge difference)... stuff is getting sorted out...
I can comment on how media in SA has created a bad image of the government... but not given any solutions to the situation. Changing the people in power will not help. What is needed is a restructuring of governmental departments... finances, HR, and management structures... If you can do that, then you can fix most problems in the government. Running a government like clockwork from the top to bottom, while accounting for every Rand... that is where the trick comes in. Basically seeing the government as a company that has grown so large that the top is out of touch with the bottom... the basis for the future success of any mega-company.
anyway... of talking of change there is no end...
I have not found anything promising yet in the cape regarding a job opportunity... basically waiting for the turn of the season... when companies advertise posts for next year...
Also hearing of 2nd year starting in September. If I feel like this after 1st year (missing people), I have no idea how much I would miss people if I were to go back for 2nd year. So, if ever I go back to Bethel, it will be for 1st year again... the people in 2nd year know each other, and you grow closer as a family.
unfortunately Bethel is an artificial subculture... not in the miracles and stuff that happens there, but in the sense of community that is formed... the same for University, or any camp you go to... It is one of the phenomena that occurs in life... you do something with a group of people... and it is wonderful... and then you have to go back to 'normal' life. I'm thinking of a way that you can have a sustained community phenomena... the only thing that comes to mind is a group-church-plant. well... another way is a business... but that is more open to flux. so, anyway... enjoy the wonder while it lasts...
Finding a group of friends/people with a similar heart to yours may be the more realistic solution... and that is exactly what I am looking for in moving to the Cape. If I don't find it there, then I suppose creating it may be the only option :)
Peace
