Thursday, June 16, 2011

Public holiday

Today and tomorrow was/is a public holiday. For the first time I feel like I have free time. I have been doing admin the whole time, and finally seeing the light. I can almost not believe how much admin is involved just to apply for one teaching post... but it is almost done :) I also have a list of schools that I can phone and ask if they need a Science teacher. I feel this is the path that is more likely to open up currently... so then I will see from there...

Applying for Engineering work in the Cape has been much slower than expected... looks like going to a job agency is the best way to get hired. It is also a funny time of year, so there aren't a lot of jobs opening up. I have spread my CV all over the web, and to all the major companies in the Cape. My next phase is to send my CV to all the job agencies I can find on Pnet. After that... well, I will see... somewhere a door has to open... persistence always pays off - one way or another.

Spiritually I have been reminded of a few lessons
> Come before God not asking for anything... but to abide in His presence...
This is something that I have stepped out of, and needed to step back into... If you strive to get things from God, you create a distance between you and God, and you put strain on your relationship. As it is said: some things you only receive in rest.

> Dig your own well
This has been major. Not being at Bethel, and not receiving Heavenly input daily - makes you go hungry. Going to God and drinking His presence has filled this hunger. We are priests before God, being able to come before Him ourselves - not needing someone else to get things from God for us. Input from other people is a bonus, and a good thing to live a balanced life (avoiding extremes). We need to get our daily bread from God ourselves.

Other than that, I have been taking things one step at a time. The atmosphere is not full of momentum - meaning that I have to create my own ripples - one step at a time - and see what happens. I'm still looking out for where God is giving me grace... definitely at school (which I am SO glad for), and also at home (always good to have peace at home). Other than that, here and there there may be other paths of grace.

It is a different sky, and a different season, but the same God and the same Spirit.

God is Good :)