Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Higher Law

A Higher Law

I find a higher law working in me

When things are supposed to go pair,
somehow they don't.

when I am supposed to fall,
I find myself still standing.

when something bad is supposed to happen,
and it does not.

Grace?
God's kindness?
Mercy?

When action is supposed to cause reaction,
I sometimes find a higher law at work.

Somehow I find myself in the eye of the storm
a shelter from the wind
a quite place
unexpected

so
I
am
grateful

being only a response
to that which I have no hand or influence in

so
I
stand
here

where I would have fallen
if it was not for another law
or rather
His hand on my life

so
I
abide

not in my own works
but in the safety of His arms
in the shadow of His wings

so
I
have peace

for nothing that I have done

it is only given
and only received.