Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Soak & God

Monday we had a soaking session in the Rev. Cafe. It started off normal, but then God began to speak to me. Most of the time I do not refer to God speaking to me, seeing that every person can claim that God is speaking to them and telling them random stuff. But this time I know it was not from myself, or my own council or any that I have heard before.

After that, I came to the realisation that God is the same, everywhere, but that He works differently, everywhere. Even though we are supposed to learn His ways, His ways differ in different places. This demands that we hear from God directly, and that we can't copy & paste God's moves all across the world. He moves differently among different people, yet He Himself is the same - all the time - everywhere.

This realisation caused me to see God moving before my very eyes. Not in the way that I wanted to see God move, nor in the way that I have seen Him move in other places - but in a way that He sees fit for the moment. In each moment He acts accordingly.

Somehow I have a little bit more grace and understanding of God's work on Earth now. Instead of looking for the tried and tested way that worked somewhere else... I rather look for what is God doing now, in the present situation. Most of the time it is way different than I want it to be, and much slower... but all things in time work together for good. So, at the end of the day, it is good to see more of God's work, even if it fits outside my box, almost regularly :)

May you see His hand in your everyday life, and the everyday life of those you see :)