Thursday, August 11, 2011

New Life

It has been almost 3 month since Bethel... And life has been different.

Many things that I have experienced and learned I found to be incompatible with my environment in SA. So, much of what I learned I stowed away in storage. Here and there I have found the odd conversation or discussion that opened a gap for me to share what I have learned, but they have been exceptions, rather than a minority.

Tuesday something changed. It was while sitting in Bible School. It was not so much what was being said, but what being stirred in me. Things that were said challenged what I though, and I ended up thinking about things that I have learned while at Bethel. This does not happen often, so I was glad. But the difference on Tuesday, was that I remembered the feeling of Bethel - of the presence of God, and how God was working in me. It felt as if God has not been working in me for 3 months, and now I felt it again. (I can discuss the value/insignificance of feeling, but I will spare you).

Then on Wednesday at cell we spoke about prophecy, and the gifts of the Spirit. I got the chance to share some of what I experienced at Bethel. Afterwards we prophecied over each other, and for the first time in months I heard someone prophecy over me. This is a major difference between Bethel and here... receiving 1 prophecy and giving 2 prophecies over the course of 3 months, vs weekly giving and receiving prophecies from everyone around you. Shows you what a prophetic culture is like...

So hearing a prophecy that reveals my heart after 3 months was good. Like a breath of fresh air.

Somehow it feels like the things that I have learned at Bethel has been buried, but now they have been kindled with a new flame.