I took a bus to Somerset West, when to Stellenbosch, and took a bus back.
On my way there, Hope was stirred in my heart again.
The kind of hope that is eternal.
While I was with friends, I felt accepted.
A place where I can share more of myself.
While driving around Somerset West & Stellenbosch in a borrowed car,
I felt that I could live in the Cape - no, even more...
as if it has already caught my heart.
Now these remain,
and one is hope.
Hope that does not fade nor falter,
yet stays, and grows
yet steady, yet firm,
yet sound.
And so I give place for hope,
and hope to grow as it may,
and give light to the eye of the soul.
On my way there, Hope was stirred in my heart again.
The kind of hope that is eternal.
While I was with friends, I felt accepted.
A place where I can share more of myself.
While driving around Somerset West & Stellenbosch in a borrowed car,
I felt that I could live in the Cape - no, even more...
as if it has already caught my heart.
Now these remain,
and one is hope.
Hope that does not fade nor falter,
yet stays, and grows
yet steady, yet firm,
yet sound.
And so I give place for hope,
and hope to grow as it may,
and give light to the eye of the soul.
