I almost cried at school. The teachers bought cake and drinks to say farewell to me. This has not happened before. Usually they announce someone leaving in the staff room, and then one day they are gone.
This is the third year of me being in teaching. Actually the four, if you count the years: started end of 2008 during exams, then finished 18 Jan 2012. If you subtract me leaving for the US between August 2010 and May 2011, then you get another number... but anyway.
My empty room is adding to the sadness - making it real. I think it will only set in once I drive out of Gtown tomorrow morning.
On the last minute I was able to walk to cell at 7pm. It was the first cell for the year. It was good to see a few familiar faces, and hear about their holidays and family. It eased the sadness. It is always good to see people that love and care for you.
While walking back from cell, one of the psalms became alive to me. It reminded me of my prayer for yesterday. So here is the combination:
May God make your life beautiful
May He bless you,
and keep you
May His face shine upon you
and give you peace.
I can't remember the last part of the psalm... but that is the jist of it.
Well... It looks like tomorrow is going to be an early one.
There is always hope.
And this hope does not disappoint,
because it is anchored in truth.
