Who am I? (expressed as)
I find
my expression of myself changes with context
fundamentally
before God I am loved
personally
before myself I am melancholic ;)
publicly
before some I am reserved
before some I am loud
before some I am a jester
before some I am loving
My audience defines my context
not limiting but rather enabling
to a degree
Also not of masks of pretence
but according to freedom
given
to express a part of myself
When I can express myself
a part of me come alive
I experience freedom and creativity
and somehow
I feel like I shared myself with the world
and then I think...
who are you?
If this is my experience,
then what is yours?
Do you express yourself before me?
and how much freedom do I give you?
to be yourself?
a catch 22...
I want you to express yourself
but I do not know what makes you free
until you express yourself
fear and confidence
we fear not being accepted
yet through confidence
we can express ourselves regardless...
yet few are confident.
So what can I do to give you freedom?
How can I give you confidence?
How can I let you express yourself?
I find
my expression of myself changes with context
fundamentally
before God I am loved
personally
before myself I am melancholic ;)
publicly
before some I am reserved
before some I am loud
before some I am a jester
before some I am loving
My audience defines my context
not limiting but rather enabling
to a degree
Also not of masks of pretence
but according to freedom
given
to express a part of myself
When I can express myself
a part of me come alive
I experience freedom and creativity
and somehow
I feel like I shared myself with the world
and then I think...
who are you?
If this is my experience,
then what is yours?
Do you express yourself before me?
and how much freedom do I give you?
to be yourself?
a catch 22...
I want you to express yourself
but I do not know what makes you free
until you express yourself
fear and confidence
we fear not being accepted
yet through confidence
we can express ourselves regardless...
yet few are confident.
So what can I do to give you freedom?
How can I give you confidence?
How can I let you express yourself?
