Monday, April 9, 2012

9 April - Heart of Worship

It has been a while... but here is it :)

I have opened my heart to abandoned worship
I linger in His presence

:Studies

My studies are going well. I am definitely learning, and sometimes I feel like I am thrown into the deep end. It is scary sometimes, the feeling of not having a clue what to do... but I have been there, and know to take it one step at a time. Sometimes it goes super-slow, but every step is a breakthrough.

I am actually enjoying my studies. I want to do all the assignments, and I spend many hours on it - with joy. Sometimes I can't believe how much i like it. So I know I am doing what makes me come alive :)

:Friends

Making friends are coming along. It is slow at first. I don't feel like a stranger any more, nor do I feel like I don't know anyone. I can now start to choose with whom I want to become better friends with - which requires wisdom. I am learning a lot about social dynamics, and learning stuff I should have known my whole life... so it is good.

Regarding romantic interest :) I find it funny that if you make an effort to look for a specific type of person, then you find them. When you get to know them then you can suddenly tick off all the things from your list - ha ha. Unfortunately ticking everything off a list does not mean you have found your wife :( A list can only go so far as identify the people you find interest in, but not the person. That is another dynamic by itself - one that I am no expert on.

I have learned a few lessons the hard way, and I hope to have learned from them. In everything, I need to keep hoping. Somewhere something will happen. You can only do what you can do, the rest is not up to you - that is why it is called a relationship :p

:Bethel

There was a Bethel team here in Stellies for a day, and then at Paarl for a Thursday. When they guy that lead the team walked into the room, I could not believe my eyes: I knew him :) Richard was with me in 1st year BSSM, and we were in the same revival group, and even shared bunk-beds at the 1st years camp. Talk about odds...

The visit was great. The team empowered people by showing them how easy it was to prophecy, and then we went out on campus. People were excited, and in terms of outreach the Bethel team came at the perfect time. They were just what we needed to advance.

The Thursday at Paarl, Chris Overstreet was there and preached. The worship beforehand was good, and people came hungry & passionate. In the service they called out words of knowledge for healing. Richard called me up, along with a bunch of other people to give words. There were about 40+ healings. I got a word for someone with a elbow problem, and a lady responded, and was totally healed :) Yeah God ! :)

:Turning Point

The following Sunday vacation started, with the church not being as full. The order of the service was swapped to have worship at the end. Both morning and evening services I experienced the presence of God deeply. It compared to the times at Bethel and some deep times at Potch. Maybe you can attribute it to the Bethel team visit - stirring people's hearts for more of God. Maybe it was just God's time.

:Passion

It is funny how passion is contagious. If you surround yourself with passionate people, suddenly you find yourself passionate also. I visited a friend that is in the worship band. She is passionate about worship. We talked about United pursuit band, and that kind of worship style. My other friend Martin had a few worship nights that aimed to create such an atmosphere.

And suddenly I find myself at a place where my heart just wants to worship, 24/7. It feels like the first few months after I was spirit filled... just begin passionate about God, and wanting to worship Him the whole time... to just pour out myself in worship... to freely abandon myself to worship. It feels like the prayer room back in Potch, or the visits to Spirit Word ministries, or the cell-groups I went to were we just worshipped. It also feels like worship at Bethel.

:Working together for good

It feels like my life is finally coming together... things of old, and new things, all mixed into a wonderful present (now). It even feels like God has started a move in me... some things that is progressive, and long term, maybe even a a year. The past has been filled with the momentary and sporadic work of God. Sometimes He cleans the house, and sometimes He starts a long term project. The latter most people enjoy more :)